Skip to main
University-wide Navigation

Students have the right to request an incomplete, or "I" grade, when regularly assigned work of the course remains undone due to unforeseen circumstances (generally, the circumstance will fall under the policies described for an excused absence).  Incompletes can only be conferred for students passing the course and are at the discretion of the instructor.  

A contract between the student and instructor will be created and provided to the Department Chair or the Chair's designee.  The contract will include the following information:

  • The student's name and number;
  • the course and section number, hours of credit, semester, year, instructor of record;
  • the work to be completed and basis for grading; and
  • the time frame for completing the incomplete (not to exceed 12 months).