Skip to main
University-wide Navigation

Formal Complaint Regarding an Instructor

Occasionally, students come to our office with a complaint concerning a specific instructor. If a student wishes to make a report and is not seeking a resolution, the student may:

  1. Meet with the individual involved directly to express your concerns.
  2. Meet with the Chair of the academic unit to address your concerns.
  3. Write a formal letter to the Associate Dean of the academic unit expressing your concerns.

Academic Ombud Services is confidential and is not an office of report. We work to find a resolution to a specific problem for a specific student. 

Academic Ombud Services will help students understand how the rules that address a complaint and provide the appropriate contact information should the student wish to report.

For All Other Complaints

The Dean of Students website provides thorough information on where students can file a complaint.